You can review and update your cookie setting by clicking "Manage cookies preferences". For more information about the cookies we use, please read our
Cookies and Electronic Marketing Policy.
Learn with us-Learning at the College_Learning principles
To ensure we meet the needs of the practising legal profession, we aim to continually strengthen our:
- Research and scholarship activities
- Teaching and learning policies
- Professional and community engagement
Principles in research and scholarship
The College promotes research and scholarship based on academic integrity and the practical application of the law. We aim to stay at the forefront of the new thinking, study and experimentation associated with best practice legal services.
Principles in teaching and learning
The College supports teaching and learning which involves:
- preparing new entrants to the legal profession, by equipping them with sound legal knowledge, the conceptual ability to solve legal problems, practical legal skills, and ethical awareness; and
- meeting the needs of practising lawyers, and law firms, for advanced learning programmes that
- address new knowledge and new concepts at the leading edge of professional practice, and
- support effective law practice management, and the delivery of legal services to the community, and
- providing quality, career enhancing learning experiences for all participants in all programs
Principles of engagement with the profession and community
The College actively contributes to the intellectual life of the legal profession and the community by engaging in a range of activities beyond core teaching and scholarship activities.